This is the curriculum vitae of Adrie Berg. I have specialized myself in various publishing processes. I am concerned with quality and completeness, have a broad knowledge of hard- and software and like to develop my own software.
With a background in document publishing I am interested in the combination of publishing and the Internet for both authors and publishers. Recently I became more involved in managing web related projects, working with international partners. My interests include open-source solutions like Drupal and WordPress.
|Name||Berg, Adrianus Johannes|
|Date of birth||29 june 1975|
|Place of birth||Leiden, The Netherlands|
Naturalis, April 2013 – now
Drupal website developer and various mobile apps projects.
- Naturalis Bioportal
- Smoelenboek (intranet)
- Dierenzoeker app for iOS and Android
Freelancer, July 2012 – March 2013
Freelance agent doing various projects with FrameMaker, structured FrameMaker, Drupal and various projects related to the Android operating system.
- Structured FrameMaker projects
- Drupal websites
- Various small Android applications
Cruz Roja, April 2009 – March 2013
Volunteer for the Spanish Red Cross, helping with information technology related projects realized for the international cooperation department.
- Flash development
- 3D building design using SketchUp
- Project management
- Various Drupal implementations and Drupal module development
- Involved with Android projects
ISO Translations, July 2007 – September 2007
ISO translations (together with Dutchtrans and Nordictrans) is an agency which does all kinds of translation projects. I was employed here as a project manager.
- Project management
- Complaint control
Self employed, May 2004 – June 2007
I started the company Ajebe in May 2004. The company focused on publishing to the Internet and to other formats like XML or PDF. Some of my clients/projects were:
- National Archive, Tridion implementation; installation, configuration and maintenance of their website.
- Getronics, Tridion implementation; conversion of various websites from various platforms to Tridion to enhance maintainability.
- European Space Agency, SGML/XML project; implementation and management of a document management system to support long lifetime documents.
Job at Daidalos bv., July 1999 – April 2004
As a consultant for Daidalos I was responsible for:
- Tridion implementations
- Data conversion
- BASIS & TechLib customization
- Content management implementations (on Unix & Windows).
- Application design and development (Visual Basic and C applications).
- Customer support involving FrameMaker+SGML.
- Design of FrameMaker+SGML applications.
Job at Sabern bv., June 1997 – June 1999
As a consultant for Sabern I was responsible for:
- Application design and development. (All kinds of database publishing programs created in ToolBook)
- Customer support for FrameMaker, FrameMaker+SGML, conversions and support for software developed by Sabern.
- Teaching courses in Adobe FrameMaker, FrameMaker+SGML and software developed by Sabern.
- Helpdesk for questions about FrameMaker.
- Conversions to FrameMaker and FrameMaker+SGML.
Internship at Sabern bv., February 1997 – June 1997
Setup of a database publishing application which merged data from an ODBC database with FrameMaker.
Internship at Ars Media bv., September 1995 – February 1996
Creating a full motion video control bar for use in CD-i applications and testing CD-i applications.
Co-author of ‘A Document System to Support Long Lifetime Documents: the ESCC Specification System‘, 2002, ESA/ESTEC.
Online version provided by harvard.edu.
Agile, Agile project management and scrum training by KeyResult, 2015
Android introduction to development using Eclips and Java. 2010
Escuela Oficial de Idiomas de Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, English language certification, advanced 2 (highest level). 2009
Drupal module development. 2009
Escuela Oficial de Idiomas de Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Spanish language course. 2007, 2008
Don Quijote, Español para extranjeros, Spanish language course. august 2006 – November 2006
ITIL Foundation, 2006
ASP.NET introduction, 2006
Prince2 Foundation, 2005
Tridion is an Enterprise Content Management solution. The course involved a Technical training and a system administration training.
Prettig en effectief samenwerken, 2002
A soft skill course aimed to improve communication skills.
Time Management, 2001
A course which trains you to be more effective with your time. This is a soft skill improvement course.
BASIS Fast Track, 2000
An advanced course for BASIS professionals. BASIS is a database system, mainly aimed at fast document storing, indexing and retrieval.
Metamorphoses is an advanced tree transformation tool which can be used for things like manipulating SGML structures and other structured documents.
Basis TechLib, 1999
Basis Techlib is a product based on the basis database system. Techlib is a program which specializes in all documentation needs which large libraries might have.
Introduction Basis V8, 1999
DTD Design, 1999
SGML/XML `in bedrijf’, 1999
HBO Informatica en Informatiekunde, Den Haag, 1993-1997
MBIT; Management en Beheer Informatie Technologie
HBO graduated July 1997.
HAVO College Leeuwenhorst, Noordwijkerhout, 1991 – 1993
HAVO graduated June 1993.
MAVO De Leeuwenhorstschool, Noordwijkerhout, 1987 – 1991
MAVO graduated June 1991
Cats & Dogs, 2013
Free android based game.
Access unpublished, 2011
Drupal module to manage secure access to unpublished nodes to anonymous users using a token in the URL.
DatePad, 2001 – 2007
Personal information manager software. DatePad enables the easy management of time related data. Created in Visual Basic.
Digital Diary, 2001 – 2004
Software for maintaining a personal diary. Created in Visual Basic.
Software for maintaining a personal address book. Created using Delphi.
Worms – The Ultimate Revenge, 1997
A simple worms game for DOS. Includes C++ sources.
Batch utilities, 1995
A set of batch utilities for automating batch processing under DOS. Includes C sources.