Alan is a source for inspiration for all of us. Every day he inspires us to be the best we can possibly be and to work for a better future.
Even without being physically present his image has inspired an artist, who made this beautiful painting.
The painting was inspired by this image:
We have received an official email from Alex and Alans school. In this email the school states they will finally act against the debtors, parents that fail to pay up the tuition of their children. This sounds like a very good step to ensure the financial future of the school, but things are not so simple. Even though we pay everything we need to pay I can still understand that in some situations it might be logical not not pay up without putting up a fight. The context of this email is in this case very important.
- Officially the school is free. The government pays all the fees related to the students. The school does have a voluntary contribution of about 50 EUR a month that the parents are required to pay.
- The reason for the voluntary required contribution is always explained by summing up various small details, but a real specification has never been presented, and probably will never be presented.
- Some parents refuse to pay the voluntary mandatory contribution out of principle.
- To force the debtors to pay the voluntary fees the school will take the following measures:
- Parents that do not pay will be unable to see their kids results on the school website
- Kids will not be allowed to go on field trips
- Kids will not be allowed to be dropped of early or collected late
- Regarding all extras the school offers the kids of parents that do not pay might be excluded
It seems that the school is targeting the students to force the parents to pay up. I really doubt that this is the correct manner to act in this case and frankly I suspect this email will not result in the end of the debtors.